Tuesday 10 June 2014

Floral Nail Art Tutorial

*kind of...
Hi guys, I've found myself with a lot of spare time since finishing my exams (woop!) so I've been able to dedicate time to things I enjoyed doing before I got sucked into the world of academia. One of those things is nail art I haven't done anything beyond a simple polka dot or stripe pattern for a while now, so I'm a bit rusty, but I hope this attempt at a tutorial will be helpful, or inspire you to come up with something even better. 

Set out your tools. I first removed the existing nail polish I had on, and moisturised my hands with Hand Food by Soap and Glory. The nail art brushes I used are from ebay. I have a selection of pinky-orangey-coral colours, as well as a plastic lid to use as a palette for the colours. You can see details of the exact colours I used at the end of this post.  

Step1: Choose your base colour. I chose 'All Nude' by MUA. You could also paint each nail a different colour - it's completely up to you! 


Step 2: Apply 'blobs' of each colour to your nail

Step 3: This is where this becomes less of a tutorial, as there was quite a bit of trial and error involved in developing a technique... apply a smaller 'blob' of a different colour onto the one you've just added, and using a thin nail art brush, swirl the colours together


Step 4: I used another thin brush to add accents with the 'All Nude' and 'Braziliant' nail polishes, before adding the leaves.

Step 5: Finish with a top coat, use some nail varnish remover to clean up the edges, and voilĂ !
It looks really good from afar - honest!




I'm sorry if this got a bit harder to follow towards the end, I kind of didn't really know exactly what I was doing until I had done it, but I promise I'll get better at tutorials! Let me know what you think of this design. Will you be rocking floral nails this summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my posts and comment on them!
Every single comment is much appreciated! ♥

Please remember to leave your blog address so I can pop round and have a look at your blog! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...